Larrakia Development Corporation (LDC) have long held a vision to develop a cultural centre at the Stokes Hill Wharf waterfront site adjacent to the Larrakia sacred site at Stokes Hill.
The LDC is another step closer to realisation with detailed design currently in progress with local firm Rossi Architects, in collaboration with Susan Dugdale and Associates, with inputs from the Larrakia LCC Working Group.
The Larrakia Cultural Centre (LCC) will:
- Showcase Larrakia Culture and history to the world
- Enable Larrakia people to continue caring for the land and sea
- Be economically sustainable and foster economic independence for Larrakia people
- Maintain Larrakia culture for future generations
- Maintain existing links and build new relationships with other First Nations people in the region and world
The LCC is being funded through LDC’s commercial operational plan and financial investors. The LCC is the LDC’s bold commercial vision for Aboriginal tourism in the Top End.
The LDC’s strong commercial, governance and business acumen will deliver a world standard cultural experience that will benefit the NT’s economy for decades to come.