Larrakia Development Corporation (LDC) have long held a vision to develop a cultural centre at the Stokes Hill Wharf waterfront site adjacent to the registered sacred site at Stokes Hill. The LDC is another step closer to realisation with detailed design currently in progress with local firm Rossi Architects in collaboration with Susan Dugdale and Associates with inputs from the LCC Larrakia Working Group.
The Larrakia Cultural Centre (LCC) will:
- Showcase Larrakia Culture and history to the world
- Enable Larrakia people to continue caring for the land and sea
- Be economically sustainable and foster economic independence for Larrakia people
- Maintain Larrakia culture for future generations
- Maintain existing links and build new relationships with other Indigenous people in the region and world